Additional History

Camp Winnataska Guiding Organizations
1918 (founding) to 1985, CW was operated by the Birmingham Sunday School Association and its various successors
1973 to 1985, CW received grants and funding from the United Way
1985 the name was changed to Camp Winnataska, Inc.
1986 CW began a Joint Venture with the Boy Scouts of America, Birmingham Area Council
1998 CW leadership formed Friends of Winnataska with a 501(c)(3) nonprofit status to raise and manage funds for the camp
2006 CW dissolved the Joint Venture with the Scouts and formed its own board with a 501(c)(3) nonprofit status

History of Camp Fees
10-day camps
1923: $12.50
1939: $14.00
1944: $17.50
1959: $27.00
1969: $37.50

7-day camps
1978: $115.00
1991: $195.00
2007: $450.00
2016: $690.00